Andy Hicks from the UK didn't start scratch-building with his Eldar Pegasus super-heavy flyer. He had practice and here is one of his creations.
1. For this new design of Nightwing I wanted to create something that looks nimble, fragile, fast, deadly and significantly smaller than the bulky Forge World model.
2. The cockpit takes shape. The high, curved tail and the pod-like cockpit echoes the design of the Forge World Dark Eldar Raven Fighter (which looks much faster and dangerous than their Nightwing). As the two Eldar factions have distant, common technological ancestry, I wanted to make my Nightwing at least look vaguely similar to the Dark Eldar flyer.
3. The underside of the cockpit.
4. The underside of one of the wings.
5. The wings, nearing completion.
6. The completed Nightwing.
7. The Nightwing on its magnetic flying stand.
8. Another view of the completed Nightwing.
9. The underside of the completed Nightwing.
10. A close-up of the Nightwing's engines.
11. A dorsal view of the Nightwing.
12. A ventral view of the Nightwing.
13. A frontal view of the Nightwing, showing the wing configuration.
14. A rear aspect of the Nightwing and its four engines.
Check out Andy's site for more Eldar goodness.