More GW changes that benefit the Heresy!
Thanks to Larry at BoLS for this.
Previous rumors/news from the last month:1) Horus Heresy plastic boxed is rumors to coming in Q2
2) Horus Heresy standalone kits to support it are said to coming in the wake of the boxed set.
3) Hobbit/LotR is said to be headed back to direct only for the entire range.
4) Forgeworld is rumored to be integrated into the GW online store and retail in the near future.
5) End Times Archaon is wrapping up the End Times series till 9th Edition hits later this year (summer).
The Latest Puzzle Piece…
2) Reduce the WFB rack frontage.
3) 2 new product sections to be adjacent to 40K will be replacing them, to be rolled out over the next two months.
You put two and two together…While exact dates are uncertain, it’s looking like the first half of 2015 may give us a revamped GW retail channel that could put an new foot forward to the world – redefining what GW is and offers.
That product line could end up with looking like this:
– Warhammer 40,000 (with select Forgeworld) – as the primary product line GW presents to the public.
– Warhammer 30k (ties into select Forgeworld) – secondary product line
– Warhammer Fantasy – secondary product line
– Hobby Materials
– Black Library
First of all, THANK GOD they are losing The Hobbit / LOTR. What a colossal waste of space. NO ONE plays that game.
Second of all, this is all good news for us Horus Heresy players.
I still would rather buy it all from a FLGS rather than GW. Support the little guys who GW is constantly marginalizing.