Warseer is always a great place to find rumor summaries. Black Templars are often mentioned as the next codex up, which makes sense when you remember that it was mentioned we would see another marine dex this year.
Ghost has said that BT are due out before Tau, presumably the next codex. He also said
Conflicting rumors here
Old rumor from Jordankeeps at DakkaDakka
"Phill kelly is going to write the Bt codex, so that should be great oh and new units added for bt as well. by Jared van Kell
A little but nothing solid. What I have heard.
- Phil Kelly is writing the Codex.
- More emphasis on the horde aspect of the army with lots of large units of Initiates and Neophytes.
- Emperors Champion is more in line with the company champion of the Grey Knights but is still 2 wounds. Gains preferred enemy against independent characters and monstrous creatures.
I will let you know as I hear more.
by Jared van Kell
Some additional bits.
- I forgot to mention the Rightous Zeal rule could be changing to be more along the lines of the Rage USR. Something along the lines of if they fail a Ld test then they are subject to Rage and must advance towards the nearest enemy unit. As yet the details are sketchy.
- All the current special characters (ie: Helbrect and Grimaldius) will remain. Also I had heard of an mention of a special character who is like the greatest of all of the Emperor's Champions and the greatest warrior in the Black Templars. I had heard mention of a bike mounted special character with a lance like weapon but I cannot confirm this yet. "
New from ghost21
New from ghost21
From Marshal Laeroth at BOLTER AND CHAINSWORD
I cannot find the rumor threads stating it (there were several, but I don't have the time to search too deeply). HOWEVER, I do have a friend in the UK that actually met Phil and talked to him about that particular rumor. To which Phil confirmed. I was told that he sounded very enthusiastic about the project, but wouldn't go into details or timelines. Just that he was writing the book and the BT were coming (that could mean 2 years though).
And this which they say is from WARSEER, I didn't see it here, but I guess I missed it.
i was down the local GW today, and found some interesting stuff on black templars. so far as the internet says, they're before/after chaos space marines (or legions), before or very shortly after 6th, given that they're current incarnation won't be suitable for 6th. Anyways, what i found out was the following:
there's going to be a named emperors champion, who's old by BT standards, and has been EC for a while. long enough to be better than the standard one.
initiates will be cheaper, around 11 points, and neotyphes around 6pts. still, expect some drawbacks to this.
there'll be a new named character on a bike with eternal warrior, and also eternal warrior killer.
and possibly some dreadnought/knight style thing that fits with the rest of the army, in line with the big stuff from GK and BA.
oh, last thing, possibly some upgrade that lets land raiders be destroyed by the enemy, but still 'live' for a turn. final shoot and move, the explode in a last ditch suicide run or someut.
I got most of this from a staff member, so take it with a pinch of salt, but this guy's usually pretty accurate with stuff like this....
And this from Bloodcrusade at BOLTER AND CHAINSWORD
From the rumors I've been hearing it's more of something along the lines of:
1)Helbrecht(Cheaper with rules to make Sword Brethren either Scoring or Troops)
4)Draco(Will be making the transfer from White Dwarf to Codex with rule amendments)
These are the *guaranteed* Special Characters with rumors of:
1) Marshal/Castellan for drop pod armies(Reminiscent of one of our own's Custom Codex, believe it was Sigismund Himself?)
2)Terminator HQ(Allows for termies as scoring or as Troops for 'BlackWing')
Haven't heard anything of being allowed to bring Bikes as Troops if your 'Captain' rides one, which I'm thankful for. There's a Chapter for that and it's White Scars.
Special Units being brought to the Codex:
1)Chaplain Dreadnought(Same reroll hits on charge, probably fealess to all units with-in 6" like Grimaldus)
2)Durandal Dreadnought(Being brought from White Dwarf into the Codex, haven't heard the rules will change- maybe one more base attack?)
3)Assault Rhino Chassis(Been rumored/hoped for a long time, whether from the Rhino or a new vehicle on it's chassis)