Well, Chaos seems to be all the rage these days and here are the latest rumors from the grand pubah of the rumor mill.
From TastyTaste on Blood of Kittens:
It is about time we get some information on the new Chaos Space Marine codex. Before we get right into let us start out with some ground rules.
The Chaos Space Marine codex is the only 40k codex for this year. It is not going to be divided into two codexes or anything special. This is not the return 3.5 codex everyone has been wanting this is more a clean up than anything else.
With that said let us get started.
- Troops choices will be Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
- All Cult Marines are Elites
- No new Special Characters
- Special Characters will unlock Cult Marines as troops (Kharn for Berserkers and so on)
- Typhus makes Cultists into Zombies
- Chaos Dreadnaught is removed and replaced with a new unit (like how pariahs were replaced with Lychguard)
- CSM now get a Flyer a Mechanical Chaos Dragon (model is done will be part of initial release)
- Lesser and Greater Demons are gone
- Spawn replaced by “Fell Beast”
I feel like I am missing something…
Rules for Traitor Guard are in!
So there you are. I have to say I am excited for this release even though I don't play Chaos. A lot of my friends do and while they are pretty good and don't whine, there are lots of Chaos players who keep telling me how bad Chaos is! I don't think so, as they make a very impressive showing in Apocalypse, but I am glad they will get their day.
Now what about that other Chaos codex...Dark Angels!!! :-)